Crowns and onlays are used to restore teeth for a variety of reasons:
- Large cavity that has destroyed much of the tooth structure
- Large old filling that has become defective.
- The sides of a tooth are thin and weak and susceptible to fracture.
- Teeth that are already broken.
- Back teeth that have had root canals
- To significantly change the shape of a tooth
We cannot predict every tooth that will break, but if we tell you that one is going to break – believe us! It is always better and less expensive to be proactive than to wait until a tooth has broken to repair it.
Bridges are used to replace missing teeth and are permanently cemented in your mouth. They are basically crowns on either side of a space with the missing tooth or teeth connected to them.