What is the office's financial policy and do you offer payment plans?
The following is the financial policy of our offices:
- Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Care Credit.
- Care Credit is an outside financing company which offers multiple healthcare financing options. A credit application must be completed and approved prior to your scheduled appointment. The application can be easily accessed on our website for your convenience.
- Balances from previous treatment must be paid before any additional treatment is performed.
- Overdue accounts will be assessed a 2.0% monthly interest charge.
- Any account 90 days over due will be turned over to a collection agency. You are responsible to pay your balance plus all collection agency fees.
- Patients with insurance – Every effort is made to accurately estimate your insurance benefits, but it is important to remember that it is an estimation only. Patients are ultimately responsible for knowing their insurance and for all costs not paid by their insurance.
- Patients who “no show” or cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice may be required to pay the treatment fee before scheduling their next appointment.
When you have new insurance or your insurance has changed, please provide us with the following information 48 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Policyholder’s Name and Address
- Policyholder’s Date of Birth
- PolicyholderIs Social Security # or Member ID #
- Employer/Group Name (if applicable)
- Insurance Company Name
- Customer Service Phone Number
If we cannot verify your insurance coverage, we may be unable to estimate your insurance benefits for your appointment.
I have dental insurance. Why must I still pay?
Unfortunately, dental insurance is usually not meant to cover 100% of your dental costs. It is only meant to aid in covering the cost of your necessary dental treatment. Your dental plan is a contract between the employer and the insurance company, not the dentist. As a service to you, we will file your dental claims at no extra charge.
What does “usual and customary fee” mean?
Many insurance companies will inform their customers that a dentist’s fees are above the “usual and customary” fee. These are fees set by the insurance company in their own best interest and have nothing to do with the quality of treatment you receive. The higher the premium your employer pays for the insurance, the more benefits you will receive and the higher their “usual and customary” fee schedule will be. Insurance companies are rarely current on the latest technology and most advanced methods of treatment. Procedures considered routine and the standard of care by qualified professionals are many times not normally covered by some insurance. Fortunately for you we do not provide just “average” treatment with outdated technology. Extraordinary efforts are made by us to aid our patients in maximizing the benefits they have not only paid for but deserve. H&H Family Dental has an exceptionally well-trained staff, uses only the highest quality materials available, and is associated with top dental laboratories so that we can provide our patients the best care possible.
Why isn’t H&H Family Dental on my list of Preferred Providers?
We do not participate in some preferred provider plans because it is our opinion that it is not possible for us to provide superior treatment under the restrictions of managed care plans. Managed care policies dictate what type of treatment you can receive, when you can receive it and who can provide it. Many times decisions are based primarily on the lowest cost to the insurance company and not what is best for the patient. Quality, longevity, state-of-the-art technology, and most importantly a doctor’s skill, training and experience are not taken into consideration when they calculate their allowable benefits. Most often the difference in fees when selecting an “out of network” provider is minimal. We are confident that any difference in your benefits will be outweighed by the peace of mind you will have in knowing you have selected a dental office you can trust to provide you with the highest quality of treatment. We are proud that a growing number of families have remained loyal to our practice despite their insurance company’s involvement in managed care.