The Family Dentist That You Can Trust
We will use our extensive experience and exceptional training to provide quality treatment for patients of all ages and needs with a focus on patient comfort.
Building enduring relationships with our patients is at the heart of what we do. We believe in not just treating dental issues but also guiding you towards a lifetime of healthy smiles. Through personalized care plans, preventive strategies, and patient education, we empower you to maintain optimal oral health for life. Your smile is an invaluable asset, and we are dedicated to helping you preserve its brilliance for years to come.
JOHNNY J. HERNANDEZ DDS
Dr. Hernandez grew up in Rockford, Illinois and graduated from Boylan High School. He received a full basketball scholarship to Eastern Illinois University. At Eastern he was a four-year starter on the basketball team while majoring in Zoology, with a Chemistry minor. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical School.
Upon graduation from dental school, Dr. Hernandez entered the United States Navy. In the Navy he completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency, which is an advanced program dealing with all disciplines of dentistry.
After his AEGD program, Dr. Hernandez served his country for two more years as a general dentist. In that time he held numerous leadership positions such as head of the Team Dentistry Program, the head of the Preventive Dentistry Program, the Health Promotions Officer and the Children’s Dental Coordinator.
Dr. Hernandez is experienced and highly trained in providing his patients with the highest quality and professionalism with respect to dental care.
- National Board of Dental Examinations
- Central Regional Dental Testing Service
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Recipient of the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for Outstanding Naval Dental Service
- Awarded First Place Table Clinic for Athletic Mouth Guards at the 2001 Tri-Service Dental Symposium, Bremerton, Washington
- Commendation Letter for Outstanding Service as Assistant Dental Officer
- Recipient of the National Defense Service Medal
- Residency in Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Mclean County Dental Society
- Dr. Hernandez averages well above the yearly requirements of the state of Illinois to be able to provide state-of-the-art dental treatment for his patients
- Dr. Hernandez enjoys golf, basketball, football, baseball, weight lifting and spending as much time as possible with his family